When you report a bug, we'll sometimes ask if there were any console errors at the time that the bug occurred.
Q: What's the console?
Q: How can I see the console?
A: There are different ways to access the console depending on which browser and operating system you're using.
Chrome / Opera:
- On Mac, press: Command + Option + J
- On Windows/Linux, press: ControlShift + Shift + J
- On Mac, press: Command + Shift + J
- On Windows/Linux, press: Control + Shift + J
- First, go to Safari's preferences > Advanced > "Show Developer menu in menu bar"
- Then, press: Command + Option + C
- Press F12, then go to the Console tab
Q: How can I send console errors to ControlShift?
A: The easiest way to get us that information is to take a screenshot.
Once you have the console open, redo the steps that led to the initial error and see if there are any warnings or errors. If there are, take a screenshot by:
- Mac: Pressing Command + Shift + 3
- Windows: Pressing Windows Key + PrtScn to automatically save the image to your Pictures > Screenshots folder
- Linux: Pressing Prt Scrn to save the image to your Pictures folder
Then, send us that image.
Here's an example of a console error: