We're excited to start working with you to expand your distributed organizing!
Before you start sending your supporters to your new ControlShift site, there are a few things that you'll need to add or update.
- Admins: At least one person at your organization should create an account on the new instance. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll give the account(s) admin privileges. Once you have at least one admin, s/he can add additional organization administrators. This article, https://controlshiftlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203589957, will explain the process for adding admins. While you're setting up admin accounts, you may want to consider requiring two-factor authentication for admins. 2FA helps to keep member data safe and is strongly recommended. This article: https://controlshiftlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206542558-Two-Factor-Authentication, will show you how to set it up.
- Notifications: Decide who should receive notifications about different events on the toolset (like petitions needing moderation or events being created). You can add as many notification emails as you'd like. This article, explains how: https://controlshiftlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204654848.
- Home Page: Now you'll need to start adding your organization's content. On the home page, we include default text; however, you should update the content to provide information about your organization and the campaigns you want users to run. This article, https://controlshiftlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203589697-Updating-Elements-on-the-Home-Page, explains how to update elements on the home page.
- Disclaimers: Your organization will also need to decide if you want to include signature disclaimers. This article, https://controlshiftlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203105048-Updating-Petition-Signature-Disclaimers, explains your disclaimer options and how to set them up.
- Emails: We include default text for the emails sent to petition creators and signers. You can keep the default text, but if you want to update it, this article will explain how: https://controlshiftlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203090738-Updating-Default-Email-Text.
- Translations: If your new instance will be offered in multiple languages, you'll need to provide translations for your organization's text. You can learn how to support additional languages here: https://controlshiftlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203091638-Supporting-Additional-Languages.
- Training: Get your team together and join one of our regularly scheduled trainings. We'll be in touch to let you know when they're held. You can also follow our New CSL Admins tutorial.
- Connect: Connect with CSL organizers on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/controlshiftorganizers/) to share best practices and learn about new features. You can also follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/cslstatus) and Tumblr (http://controlshiftblog.tumblr.com/). We also send a weekly email with in-depth information about new features, case studies of current campaigns, and other updates. You can subscribe to the mailing list here: eepurl.com/63blD.
Remember, if you have any questions, please feel free to send us a support email (email@example.com). Thanks!