Petition creators and partner organization administrators are able to contact supporters using the blast email functionality included in the toolset. However, these emails require admin approval before they're sent to supporters.
When an email is submitted for moderation, admins who have opted to receive notifications about emails will be notified. You can also go to the email moderation queue by clicking Moderation under Blast Emails from the admin homepage.
The email moderation queue lists all of the emails in need of moderation, the petition, partnership, or event that they are related to, and the number of recipients. To moderate an email, click the email's subject.
After clicking the subject, you'll be brought to the email. Click I will review to assign the email to yourself. This will allow you to edit the email, or work with the email creator to improve the email, without it being approved or rejected by another admin.
Once an email is assigned to a staff person, the email moderation queue will be updated to reflect this assignment. Emails that are already being reviewed by staff members will have a note next to the subject. (If necessary, you can un-assign an email and re-assign it to yourself for moderation.)
Once you've assigned the email to yourself, you'll be able to moderate it using the administrative tools banner.
There are five moderation categories for emails: pending, in review, approved, inappropriate, and suppressed.
- Pending emails have not yet been assigned to an administrator.
- In review emails have been assigned to an administrator, but have not been moderated.
- Approved emails will be sent to petition signers. These emails will be sent immediately after clicking Moderate.†
- Inappropriate emails will not be sent to signers. The petition creator will be notified that the email has been marked as inappropriate, will be shown the admin-entered reason, and will have the option of editing the email to make it compliant with community guidelines.
- Suppressed emails will not be sent to signers and the petition creator will not be notified that the email was not sent. This option may be useful if the email is about an event that has already passed.
After choosing a moderation status, click Moderate.
While in the moderation queue, organization administrators also have the option of editing the email by clicking the Edit Content link located below the Moderate button.
† By default, emails are sent immediately after an admin chooses Approved and clicks Moderate. However, admins can also queue an email to be sent at a later date or time. To change the delivery schedule for an email, click Edit in the Delivery section and enter the appropriate date and time.
[For those following the new CSL Organization Admin tutorial, congratulations! You've completed the petition creation and moderation modules. We're going to briefly look at the signer experience next.]